HOW TO RECOGNIZE TYRANNY WHEN YOU SEE IT.
by Steven D. Miller
John Locke’s Second Treatise of Government became the basis of the Declaration of Independence. Here are some excerpts from Chapter 18 on Tyranny
200. …wherever law ends tyranny begins
201. …whenever people put power into the hands of government for the preservation of their properties, and is used to impoverish, harass, or subdue them to the arbitrary and irregular commands of those that have it, there it presently becomes tyranny
208. …if unlawful acts done by the magistrate, and the remedy be obstructed … men “have a right to defend themselves, and to recover by force what by unlawful force is taken from them”
209. … if “these illegal acts have extended to the majority of the people,… and they are persuaded in their consciences that their laws, and with them, their estates, liberties, and lives are in danger, and perhaps their religion too… resisting illegal force used against them [is] the most dangerous state they can possibly put themselves in”
WHY DO WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT?
We did not have a government for the first ten books of the Bible. We did not need a government then, and we do not need a government now. The family patriarchs performed all the functions of government. In fact, it was evil to elect a king according to First Samuel 12:17. God will not answer our prayers to deliver us from the evil we created. First Samuel 8:18.
• Men who did not want the responsibility to defend their families created governments to help them defend their families. But rights only come with responsibilities.
• Your Right to defend yourself is a “natural liberty which is not required by the laws of society to be sacrificed to public convenience”. (According to Blackstone’s Commentary on the Law, Book 1, introduction.) Yet we are now denied the right to defend our families in divorce court. You cannot even get a jury trial to defend your family in a country created to help you defend your family (secure the blessings of liberty to your posterity). You gave up your right, in court, to defend your family by agreeing that government defends families.
• Christians in the American British Colonies had to defend themselves to bring forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty. Many of these principles were previously articulated in a 1644 publication Lex Rex by Samuel Rutherford. He explains that sovereignty comes from the people who create a government, and that men create a civil society when one family can no longer contain them. Rutherford, Locke and Blackstone all agree that Society is the extension of the family. Rutherford and Locke agree that people are sovereign and may retake control of their society to preserve themselves. Supreme power the jura summi imperii resides in the people.
• There can be no law other than the law of nature, for we are all created equal, with no other superior than God Almighty1. The law of nature authorizes government to exist and is acknowledged in the first sentence of the Declaration of Independence.
• Christ’s apostle Paul would not be brought under the power of anyone –First Corinthians 6:12. Paul also told us that the only legitimate authority is authority ordained of God. The apostle Peter said we should obey God, not men — Acts 5:29
• Traditional values require men to defend their families. America cannot win another war until American men relearn to defend their families. English speaking Christians once built castles to defend their families against those who would risk death to assail them. American Christians will no longer defend their families. They will immediately surrender their families when touched by a lawyer’s piece of paper. They will surrender half of their family wealth as a reward for the crime of adultery. When the Constitution was written adultery was a felony and also the greatest of civil injury and damages awarded by courts were excessive. More information is available in my book on Family Rights. Globalists who want to destroy our culture have destroyed our family rights.
We instituted among men a government to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity by delegating some of our authority to the government we created. The federal government is authorized to do the 18 things we authorize them to do in the Constitution. We brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty when we pledged our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
SECURE THE BLESSINGS OF LIBERTY?
Beware of legal definitions of liberty. According to a warning by Abraham Lincoln, the term Liberty can refer to government’s authority to impose slavery.
Abraham Lincoln Address at Baltimore 1864
We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men’s labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names liberty and tyranny.”
After all, Maryland had kept the District of Columbia from freeing their slaves and the District of Columbia is still within Maryland3 . How about you? Are you slave or are you free? If you pay 20% income tax, then you are a slave4.
DO YOU WORSHIP LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT OR ILLEGITIMATE MUTINY?
Most Americans think that a badge is a symbol of authority. But throughout the history of mankind, a badge has always been a symbol of servitude.
Is your government legitimate? Or has legitimate government been slowly overthrown by a counterfeit ? Obedience to counterfeit authority is mutiny against legitimate authority. Thou shall have no other gods (Hebrew word Elohiym) before the one true God.
Abraham came to deliver people from Babylon. Moses came to deliver people from Pharaoh. Christ came to deliver people from Roman government. Now go to a law dictionary and look up today’s term Civil Law”. It is the same Roman Law that Christ delivered us from.
All of the original disciples were executed or imprisoned. They did not comply with the Roman occupational government.
GOVERNMENT OF LAWS
U.S. Supreme Court in Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 469-471
In a government of laws, the existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.”
But a government of laws has now become a world government. The Constitution is no longer the supreme law of the land.
REVISION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CHARTER
Hearings before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Foreign Relations
United States Senate
81st Congress, 2d Session
on Resolutions relative to the United Nations charter, Atlantic Union, World Federation, etc.
Feb. 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15, 17, and 20, 1950
Printed for the use of the Committee on Foreign Relations
U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, WASHINGTON, 1950: 64429
February 17, 1950
STATEMENT OF JAMES PAUL WARBURG OF CONN.
In support of Senate Concurrent Resolution 56:
“We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest.”
Welcome to your Novus Ordo Seclorum.
– – – – – – – –
Thomas Jefferson’s inscription on his ring: “Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.”
Abolitionist Henry Highland Garnet:
Let your motto be resistance! Resistance! No oppressed people have ever secured their liberty without resistance.”
1 His will is enforced by those who love Him enough to obey it. Just as Blackstone so eloquently explained “as man depends absolutely upon his maker for every thing, it is necessary that he should in all points conform to his maker’s will.”
2 The Declaration of Independence says “it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such Government”
3 The District of Columbia is a district within Maryland. The Maryland constitution does not define their boundary. The District of Columbia is land cession from Maryland. `Cession’ is not the word `ceded’. The word “cession” is used in your Constitution in Article 1, section 8 clause 17 for the government acquisition of Washington DC. It does not use words that imply permanent federal jurisdiction, or even federal land title to Washington, DC. Cession, in ecclesiastical law means, “… vacating a benefice without proper dispensation.” And just in case you were afraid to ask: The word “Benefice” is defined in Black’s Law Dictionary as “A term derived from the feudal law, in which it signified a permanent … estate held by feudal tenure.”
4 Abraham, Moses and Jesus all delivered people out of government bondage. Don’t worship the golden calf (central banking system) of socialism.
How do you know if you are in bondage? Answer: bondage will impose a 20% income tax during a time of national emergency (Genesis 47:23-26). God Himself considered it to be slavery.