Answer: In the United States, democracy must end the way democracies always end — in a violent death.
Steven Miller originally answered this question June 1, 2019 as a response to this Brookings Institution article that questioned if America’s democracy was threatened.
- Democracies must always fail because democracy cannot recognize individual rights.
- Throughout history, democracies have never been sustainable.
- Democracies are “spectacles of turbulence and contention.” They are only for those who would take the risk of loosing their rights in exchange for the chance to dominate others.
- Those who vote for public benefits will use the force of government to seize an ever increasing amount of their neighbors’ wealth.
In 1770, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, in his book Cycles of Democracy, had this comparison with the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:
‘A democracy will continue until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.’
Frederic Bastiat in Economic Sophisms, Second Series, Chapter 1, The Physiology of Plunder, 1845:
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in a society, they create for themselves in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”
James Madison, 1787, Federalist Paper #10:
“Democracy is the most vile form of government … democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention: have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property: and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. …”
“Show me that age and country where the rights and liberties of the people were placed on the sole chance of their rulers being good men without a consequent loss of liberty! I say that the loss of that dearest privilege has ever followed, with absolute certainty, every such mad attempt.”
John Adams, 1815:
“Democracy … while it lasts is more bloody than either [aristocracy or monarchy]. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
Greek Historian Polybius, The Histories Of the Roman Republic 220-146 BC, Book 6, section 9: (link: Polybius on Governments)
“But when a new generation arises and the democracy falls into the hands of the grandchildren of its founders, they have become so accustomed to freedom and equality that they no longer value them, and begin to aim at pre-eminence; and it is chiefly those of ample fortune who fall into this error. So when they begin to lust for power and cannot attain it through themselves or their own good qualities, they ruin their estates, tempting and corrupting the people in every possible way. And hence when by their foolish thirst for reputation they have created among the masses an appetite for gifts and the habit of receiving them, democracy in its turn is abolished and changes into a rule of force and violence. For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch.”
Abraham Lincoln, September 11, 1858:
“Familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage and prepare your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trampling on the rights of others you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you.”
Thomas Jefferson. Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 19, 1787. In the paragraph starting at the bottom of page 290:
“Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. … The mobs of great cities add just so much to the support of pure government, as sores do to the strength of the human body. It is the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic in vigour. A degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats to the heart of its laws and constitution.”
[Venality is the condition of being susceptible to bribery or corruption. The use of a position of trust for dishonest gain. The American Heritage Dictionary]
JEFFERSON WAS RIGHT. THE DEEP STATE GOVERNMENT IS A TUMOR THAT EATS TO THE HEART OF THE CONSTITUTION.
John Locke’s Second Treatise of Government paragraph 222:
“When government officers corrupt society, the result is “to cut up the government by the roots, and poison the very fountain of public security…”
In the pure pre-democracy era of American government, the beginnings of what we now call “powers that be” or “the shadow government” or “the deep state” were allowed asylum within our borders. But we were warned to watch them very carefully.
“Our system, however, of religious liberty must afford them an asylum; but if they do not put the purity of our elections to a severe trial, it will be a wonder.”
— John Adams letter to Thomas Jefferson May 5, 1816, The Works of John Adams, Vol 10, Letters 1811-1825
IT IS ALL A LIE — THE ENTIRE U.S. DEMOCRACY SYSTEM IS A SCAM.
THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE DEEP STATE IS TO NEVER WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS. For more information on how we allowed the U.S. government to trick us out of our rights read my essays at Do Not Be Fooled by Government.
==== ::::: ====
- The Price of Panic: How the Tyranny of Experts Turned a Pandemic into a Catastrophe by Jay W. Richards Ph.D., William M. Briggs Ph.D., et al.
- Live Free or Die by Sean Hannity
- BLITZ: Trump Will Smash the Left and Win by David Horowitz
- How to Destroy America in Three Easy Steps by Ben Shapiro
- Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent by attorney Harvey Silverglate. There are so many laws that the average “law abiding” American now commits three felonies a day.
- One Nation Under Arrest: How Crazy Laws, Rogue Prosecutors, and Activist Judges Threaten Your Liberty by Paul Rosenzweig. Explains why everything is now illegal.
- Go Directly to Jail: The Criminalization of Almost Everything by Gene Healy. Go Directly to Jail examines these alarming trends and proposes reforms that could rein in a criminal justice apparatus at war with fairness and common sense.
- The Tyranny of Good Intentions: How Prosecutors and Law Enforcement Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice by Paul Craig Roberts
- When They Come For You: How Police and Government Are Trampling Our Liberties – and How to Take Them Back, by David Kirby
- A System of Legal Logic by Russell Hasan
==== ::::: ====
Prepare for the future inquisition. Same as the old inquisition.
Everyone can sense the upcoming chaos, inflation, civil war, forced vaccines, food shortages, jail for refusing to comply with intrusive contact tracing, AND the mandatory proof of immunity that eventually becomes permission to buy or sell.
Did you know also, that perilous times shall come? (Second Timothy 3:1) Christians face persecutions, arrest, prison, appear before authorities for Christ name’s sake. Delivered up to be afflicted. Delivered up to counsels. Testify to authorities. (Luke 21:12-15, Matthew 24:9, Mark 13:9,11).
You are completely dependent on those who control the foundations* that you rely on. This is the very definition of Stockholm Syndrome. Just like the early Christians, and today’s Amish, you will need to join a like-minded community to provide the foundations of your own making, without reliance on “the powers that be.”
* Jobs, food, healthcare, energy, banking, justice, education, travel. All these are controlled by regulations of the Powers That Be to justify their “requirement” for safety. But safety is not our heritage.
Ben Franklin quote inscribed on a plaque in the stairwell of the Statute of Liberty:
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
What can be done to delay the injustice? Answer: learn to stand up to government bullies.
- Freedom is not Free.
- It requires action and risk. You must stand up to bullies who will take your liberty. Letters to congressmen and public protests alone can never restore the purpose of government — Liberty and Justice for ALL.
- It was never the the purpose of government to deny freedom to 80% of Americans who cannot afford a lawyer.
I recommend a law course for those who do not trust lawyers. If you have a lawyer — understand what he should be doing so you can control him, and know when to fire him. If you don’t have a lawyer — understand what YOU should be doing. All the basic lawyer procedures are explained in “How To Win In Court” self-help course. This is a step-by-step guide on how to win in court. It has pro se tactics, and forms for civil cases. Learn how to stand up to tyrants (even judges).
An online law course developed by a lawyer. Learn enough legal procedure to win your case. It has helped me. It might be your get out of jail card.
Liberty is what we seek.
•Liberty to run a business.
•Liberty to enjoy life.
•and even Liberty to take our own risks and suffer the consequences.
Sadly, there is no liberty or justice for ALL. The deep-state lawyers have infiltrated all branches of government so that “ALL” do not get Justice in America.
Liberty without Justice is impossible. Justice is a sacred right. Justice should not be a business.
Take the “justice business” away from lawyers once and for all. Open the courthouse doors to EVERYONE.
If you are an unfortunate victim of government overreach, I recommend this online law course. I used what I’ve learned to stop a $60,000 lawsuit by a lawyer — with a “flurry of paperwork” that exposed his lies.
Take a tour of the online law course. While you are there, look up a few legal terms, then explore the Main Menu tab at the left. Click Here…
—- ===== ==== ===== —-
Steven D. Miller is a freelance writer producing informative blog posts, white papers, eBooks and high-density documentaries. He is available to offer hope to any audience that yearns to breathe free. Contact him at Steven.Miller@LibertyContentWriter.com