The 1999 movie The Matrix portrays life as a computer simulation where people are serving the global machinery by having their life’s energy sapped from them in exchange for the benefits of illusion. Don’t dismiss this as fiction.
• Elon Musk Says We’re Likely Living In a Video Game. “…our own reality might not be distinguishable from a simulation” (link)
• Stephen Hawking argued that agency and free will are nothing but an illusion. http://www.sociology.org/many-worlds-but-only-one-reality-stephen-hawking-and-the-determinist-fallacy/
• Scientific American article Are We Living in a Computer Simulation? published in April 2016 reports on a debate of this theory hosted at the American Museum of Natural History. Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson put the odds at 50-50 that our entire existence is a computer program.
• Are you living in a computer simulation? By Nick Bostrom (professor of Philosophy, Oxford University) Philosophical Quarterly 2003,
“(3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.”
• You are in a Simulation. TED talk by Nobel Prize Winner Professor George Smoot link: https://youtu.be/Chfoo9NBEow
• also see Washington Post interview with Theoretical physicist Dr. Jim Gates http://www.msn.com/en-in/video/entertainment/are-we-living-in-a-matrix-a-theoretical-physicist-explains/vp-BBw3vxs
These are not stupid people. Perhaps you should pay attention. Wake up and feel the chains.
One of Einstein’s young assistants was there at the beginning of Quantum Physics in 1934. Dr. Nathan Rosen co-wrote the paper The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox. He died in 1995, knowing that the Large Hadron Collider would be built. Over his lifetime he noticed how the theories of matter evolved from (1) Matter is made of particles to (2) Matter is made of fields to (3) Matter is made of information.
Simulation Hypothesis by Rizwan Virk, a graduate from both MIT and Stanford. An MIT game designer shows how AI, quantum physics and eastern mystics all agree that we are in a video game.
“A new provocative view of the true nature of reality… have you ever felt that there was something odd about the world we live in? like there is something about reality that isn’t quite random, as it should be? something a little too organized, a little too planned, a little too programmed?”
“… the book that will change the way you look at your world, your life, your family and friends, and the computer on your desk…”
Our reality is not what it appears to be, according to Jim Elvidge. The latest physics experiments demonstrate that an objective reality does not exist. Elvidge explains interconnectedness, anomalous events, and how a different view of reality makes anomalous experiences possible. Elvidge states that the search for an ultimate reality has been around since at least the time of the ancient Greeks, when Plato proposed that the world we experience is like shadows on a cave wall. He points out that there is “something there when we are not looking at it”. Everyone sees things a little differently, and when this gets to the quantum level, the degree that something can be precisely predicted disappears.
Elvidge does not believe (like physicist Nick Bostrum) that we are living in a vast computer simulation. His theory is that our “apparent physical reality” is something that was invented by some sort of vast or universal consciousness that is continually evolving to give all beings the chance to “learn and experience time.” He believes that this theory of the universe matches well with ancient spiritual traditions as well as quantum physics. Elvidge refers to our experience on this planet and throughout or lives as the “reality learning lab” which consists of the interactions of our consciousness with others and with the universal mind.
He says his model fits well with explanations for many “paranormal issues” that are present, but do not follow the rules of physics as we know them.