It has been said that the longest journey starts with the first step. But this journey is very long and requires advanced training.
It will not be comfortable. If you just stop participating with evil, you will lose your job, your home, your money, your friends, and your family. Before you figure out your escape plan, you can spend several years taking a blue pill in the morning, and a red pill after work. [Referring to the theme in the 1999 movie The Matrix].
But those who have gone before us did not die in vain. During the American Revolutionary War only 3% were willing to live free or die. The Mayflower Pilgrims risked death for 88 days at sea, many survived the trip only to starve to death the first winter. They were fleeing from King James and his government published Bible. During the Dark Ages many Protestants were burned at the stake. Early Christians in Rome were fed to the lions. They all stood. God cannot stand with you if you don’t take a stand.
Even the Supreme Court has acknowledged that
Girouard v. U.S., 328 U.S. 61 (1946):
“The victory for freedom of thought recorded in our Bill of Rights recognizes that in the domain of conscience there is a moral power higher than the State.
Throughout the ages men have suffered death rather than subordinate their allegiance to God to the authority of the State.”
Your Journey may take years to prepare.
- A trade journeyman in on a journey. Depending on the trade it may take 1000 hours of classroom training and six years of on-the-job training. Then they are on their journey to become a master.
- It takes 10 to 16 weeks for Army bootcamp, depending on MOS. Just for basics. And that is with 24/7 immersion.
- It takes 21 merit badges to become an eagle scout. Many badges take a minimum of 3 months to earn.
- It takes 4 to 10 years to earn a first-level black belt, depending on the martial art. And then ten levels of black belt.
- Your situation may be different. Perhaps you must plant a tree in the prison yard and wait for it to grow high enough to zipline over the fence.
It will take several years to set yourself free.
Same bullies, different day.
Bullies torment their victims into defending themselves. Why submit (roll over and piss on yourself) just because the bully is employed by a government?
There is no excuse for failing to learn how to defend yourself in their arena. But just like high school tormentors, by the time you earn a black belt in a martial art, a minimum of 4 years later, the bullies have become police, lawyers or corrections officers.
Perilous Times Shall Come
But safety is not our heritage. Ben Franklin quote inscribed on a plaque in the stairwell of the Statute of Liberty:
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Set yourself free, if you can
Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. … be not ye the servants of men.
— First Corinthians 7:21, 23